Twitter has made the act of sharing vital information a breeze. In 140 characters, you can spread headlining news, tweet your latest favorite meme, or compliment your favorite musician.
But Twitter’s not just for rapid-fire networking—the social network provides an ideal platform for adding a dose of positivity to your daily routine. Thanks to a slew of motivational Twitter accounts, social media users can receive constant uplifting messages at work or on the go.
Whether it’s Deepak Chopra, Paulo Coelho, or Stephen R. Covey, inspiration abounds on Twitter. Here are six of our favorite inspirational Twitter handles to make any day a little brighter.
1. @DeepakChopra. This inspirational guru has a very active Twitter feed chock full of positive messages and quotes to contemplate. Motivational, spiritual, and full of uplifting sentiment, Deepak Chopra’s account is an invaluable resource for anyone looking for meaningful tweets.
Words of Wisdom: “No matter what the situation, remind yourself “I have a choice.”
2. @PauloCoelho. Author Paulo Coelho boasts a seriously contemplative and motivating Twitter feed. Featuring insightful quotes, uplifting words, and some o the most beautiful lines in English and Portugese, this Twitter feed is not to be missed.
Words of Wisdom: “Lord, bless our week. Out of difficulties, grow miracles.”
3. @iheartquotes. Everyone loves a good quote, and the folks behind @iheartquotes know this better than anyone. Followers can submit their favorite quotes to this Twitter account and revel in a constant stream of wise words.
Words of Wisdom: “When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable. –Walt Disney”
4. @JackCanfield: You would hope Jack Canfield’s Twitter account would be uplifting—after all, he is the brains behind the Chicken Soup for the Soul franchise. And @JCanfield doesn’t disappoint. You’ll find motivational advice, uplifting quotes, and poignant prose to help you stay motivated and uplifted throughout your day.
Words of Wisdom: “If you could pick one area of your life to change in the next 6 months, what would you pick? Health, Business or Relationships?”
5. @tinywords: Tiny Words is an excellent Twitter account for anyone inspired by lines of poetry. This handle features micro poems, and 140 character haikus, so you can feel literary and enlightened throughout your day.
Words of Wisdom: “Thoughts unspool with the white line road trip -Sheila Sondik”
6. @StephenRCovey: Stephen R. Covey is the author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and his Twitter account will get you thinking more productively in no time. Whether it’s a thoughtful quote, time-management advice, or a thought-provoking question, @StephenRCovey is great for anyone looking for a little Twitter pick-me-up.
Words of Wisdom: “The quickest way to someone’s heart is to listen. Listen to their words, their feelings, their body language. Listen to understand.”